Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Aspiring VO Artist looking for a Team (:

A topic by Man O' War created Sep 01, 2022 Views: 102 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
(+2)(-1)

Hi! My name is Rene, someone who is aspiring to make a career from voice over work! I have been a long-time horror junkie for as long as I've been consuming entertainment, and it's arguably my favorite genre.

With roughly 5 (On and off since 2016) years of experience in Unreal Engine 4 and almost 8 years of experience as a GM in Tabletop Roleplaying Games (Such as D&D, Call of Cthulhu, Vampire: The Masquerade, etc.) I'm excited to finally take a leap  into something I am very passionate about in a more vocal way: Telling stories. Whether that be in the form of voicing a fated to die character in a video game or narrating a script that details the amazingly oblivious tribulations of horror movie fodder.

I appreciate you all for taking the time to read through this. You can reach out to me on Discord (via call or message. I am part of the Game Jam Discord server, so you can also find me on there.) if you have any questions through this username: Man O' War#9229 - or, alternatively, through my email: renebprofessional@gmail.com

Here is a rather simple sample I've put together quickly as well.

(+1)(-1)

Your mic setup is not doing you any favors. Learn how to distance yourself from the mic, tweak your settings. Get a pop filter, and perhaps consider padding your room with some dampening. All I could think about was how the quality of the recording took away from your performances, which I did enjoy, especially the unique characters.

(+1)

I appreciate your feedback, thank you for taking the time to write a response (: