Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Letter Information

A topic by NaviAtor created Dec 04, 2023 Views: 100 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3

I am very new to the whole game dev/game jam thing and I am not sure what the "letter" should consist of. Can anyone provide any type of sample or guidance on what the letter should be? 

P.S. I also never wrote letters to Santa as a kid, so no experience there either.

Submitted

Copied from #guide on game jams discord.

When writing a letter, please consider these do's and don'ts:

**DO**

• Tell who you are and what you do.

• Name games and genres that you like, and why you like them.

• Vaguely describe what kind of game you would like to have.

• If needed, specify accessibility concerns so that you can play your gift.

**DON'T**

• Ask for a game that goes against the rules.

• Say that you are fine with whatever. Give your Santa something they can work with and will inspire them.

• Ask for something too specific or technical, or pressure your Santa in making something they might not be able to achieve. Your wishlist should inspire them, not instruct them.

**An example letter**

Hi! I'm a second year college student studying Digital Media. I mostly play RPGs now (newer ones like The Witcher, Skyrim etc), and enjoy making little PICO8 platformers when I dev.

Currently living with my two cats, Poki and Momo, but have always been a big animal lover! And used to foster shelter dogs and go hiking with them in the woods around here.

I use a Mac so something that runs in the browser would be best for me :) If you want to learn more about me or play some of my games, look at my twitter! https://twitter.com/theusernameofthisperson

WOW! Thanks for copying that. I thought I did that hashtag but nothing like that showed up. Thanks!