Play epic battleEpic Battle's itch.io page
|Gameplay; core mechanics, objectives, balancing, progression||#9||2.600||2.600|
|Features; gameplay enhancements, integrated systems||#13||2.400||2.400|
|Creativity; innovation & originality across design, concept & execution||#19||2.200||2.200|
|UI & UX; visual design, clarity & ease of use, guidance, accessibility support||#20||2.200||2.200|
Ranked from 5 ratings. Score is adjusted from raw score by the median number of ratings per game in the jam.
Judge feedback is anonymous and shown in a random order.
- Very short, explains the process, looks like this is going to be a pretty basic entry.
- i like them. They seem well implemented and not buggy.
- The rocket power-up is interesting, not sure how the flaps power-up synergies with the rocket.
- I guess the strategy is to collect coins as a defence to rockets.
The additions are good but compared to other entries there is just not much to go on.
Need to try and break away from the starting point a bit more and develop own identity.
The concept for this game is pretty good, I like the use of the power-ups to aid in trying to kick the other player off the map with the use of wings for extra support and homing missiles. The UI for the game is a little limiting as there is only an option to play the game and not to quit. The game does reset for a new game at the end so it can be replayed easily, the coin collecting seems to be an addition which is added to the counter but does not appear as a final score so I assume this not critical in the game to collect.
There is sadly no music or sound effects in the game which I feel it needed to break the silence and is always good to keep the player entertained, while you did attach some documentation about the development of your game it is very limited. More should be added with some additional screenshots just show various stages of construction.
For the basic concept its a very good start with the mechanics working very well. There is certainly room for improvement but then again there always will be in game development. As a YouTuber and game developer myself we consider it a pleasure to try your games and I am pleased to have had the opportunity to try your game.
YouTuber – FellowPlayer: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXzcduiD99hcDMhhCzByRiA
Interesting game. I liked the few power ups but it could definitely do with more. Some more points below:
- Consider adding a progress indication. I could not find where I was in the level in terms of whether I am in the process of winning (i.e. lives left for player 2).
- Consider adding some sort of gamification
- Consider adding more power ups
- Consider reviewing the UI to provide the right set of indications to the player. If they feel at unease, they will leave your game
- Consider adding a player vs cpu mode
- Add the relevant tutorial for a proper onboarding
A well made simple game using Unity. I like the way you have implemented limited abilities but they fit well with the game. You can do the following things to improve this game
- Add a camera system which can zoom in/out based on the action on the map. This can greatly help in adding a gripping player v player cinematic effect.
- Improve the UI and UX design on it
- It would be good if the users are given an indication when they are closer to the edge of the map.
Overall, well done !!!
The game works properly and doesn't really need a lot of instructions, it's easy to pick up.
The UI is clear and again the player doesn't really need more information.
The game is rather boring, there is not really something that i would say stands out. There is unfortunately not a lot to it other than jumping and pushing each other off an edge, but this is not exciting enough. You should allow players to have something unique that they can use against their opponent so not every game will be the exact same.
The design document could use some work, right now it's much to simplistic.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.