Play gameSky Showdown's itch.io page
|Creativity; innovation & originality across design, concept & execution||#2||3.250||3.250|
|Features; gameplay enhancements, integrated systems||#4||3.000||3.000|
|Gameplay; core mechanics, objectives, balancing, progression||#6||2.750||2.750|
|UI & UX; visual design, clarity & ease of use, guidance, accessibility support||#8||2.500||2.500|
Ranked from 4 ratings. Score is adjusted from raw score by the median number of ratings per game in the jam.
Judge feedback is anonymous and shown in a random order.
- Looks a bit more unique. Unique thumbnail.
- Why going through firewall??
- Title screen and menus are simple but clear. would be better to have controls in game. Didn't look at the unity settings. Gamepad support BUT not setup for me. shame.
- Cute little hands added to the model.
- Level looks cool and it moves.
- Non stock camera - Good
- UI lacking
- Cool moving level. Looks unique. Feels good.
- Character punch is under whelming. Actually quite buggy and dosnt work a lot of the time. Even with a powerup. I recommend fixing and then doubling down on the punch mechanic. Wanna make it the coolest feeling thing about the game. Possible things to try:
- Camera shake
- Hit visual effects
- Impact effects
- Combo scoring
- Uppercut move? lift player off the floor. maybe you can aim where they go in some kind of parabola. So the game becomes try and stun the player with punches then hit them with an upper cut straight into a hole. Kinda like boxing & golf combo.
- UI is lacking, pretty stock. Nothing interesting about it.
- Has game modes but not important until the game is good.
- not a bad attempt. clearly some effort spent on level, style and mechanics.
- lets down by bugs
- lots of room for potential improvements in core game and game loop. id start with getting the punching feeling great, then scale up into the game loop.
The concept for this game was ok, the moving platforms and changing of the environment presented a challenge that was different to just a normal block platform. You have a simple Main Menu screen which is good to see and a quit button which is always important to have.
The mechanic of the game was a little unstable, pushing the players appeared to work well but punching them only worked about half the time, I believe the collider field for your punching ability needs to be slightly bigger. I also felt it could have done with some sort of sound, if a game is totally silent it does feel a bit empty. Having an ambient music or sound effects would help to break the silence and encourage the player to continue playing.
I was not able to see any documentation attached to your submission, this should be done with each game you make even if it is basic to help support your game development, many will want to see not just the game itself but how you built the game.
The game is simple and function but could do with more gameplay assets added to it. There is certainly room for improvement but then again there always will be in game development. As a YouTuber and game developer myself we consider it a pleasure to try your games and I am pleased to have had the opportunity to try your game.
YouTuber – FellowPlayer: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXzcduiD99hcDMhhCzByRiA
Wonderful work !! I loved every part of this game. The controls and gameplay features were fun. It would be good to have sounds in this game. The UI/UX design for this game needs improvement. Implement an AI against whom a player can play or make this a multiplayer over the internet game. :)
The game is OK as a multiplayer game. However, the onboarding is not there yet. You should also think of how to keep players engaged as it currently is quite difficult to find a reason to go back to the game play.
The control mapping of course should be customised in game, but as this is a prototype I see why it is not there yet.
Conceptually is good, but need much more work as the idea needs to be developed much further in order to be engaging and rewarding to players.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.