Play gameCapsule Bash's itch.io page
|Features; gameplay enhancements, integrated systems||#9||2.598||3.000|
|Gameplay; core mechanics, objectives, balancing, progression||#10||2.598||3.000|
|Creativity; innovation & originality across design, concept & execution||#11||2.598||3.000|
|UI & UX; visual design, clarity & ease of use, guidance, accessibility support||#12||2.309||2.667|
Ranked from 3 ratings. Score is adjusted from raw score by the median number of ratings per game in the jam.
Judge feedback is anonymous and shown in a random order.
Interesting concept, very "Power Stone" in a way. However, I was not able to play this game - I've tried as player one but could not move at all (tried WASD and arrow keys) even though I joined as player one (via space bar).
Optimisation is still not there, but the assumption is that it will be there before a release - currently even the "fastest" graphic configuration runs very slow.
The concept for this game worked very well. I am pleased to see a main menu system which appears to work well and has a page devoted to how to play the game, when finishing the objectives of the game I am taken back to the main menu which allows for replay. There is not much in the way of 3D development as you have used basic shapes only but they have been used very well.
The sounds used in the game fit well, the ambient music in the background does not dominate over the other sound effects which is good practice and breaks the silence. Although there were limited features I did enjoy seeing the “Achievements” window showing a bit of steam influence there.
Your documentation shows a fair amount of detail with game development however you were lacking screenshots to relate to your stages of development, the only images shown were at the bottom and were difficult to see in detail, these should be broken up into separate sections with each paragraph so if people have difficulty understanding your description they have the visual illustration to fall on. Most people understand a visual stimuli better than a literal description.
Overall the game works well, the simple construction and choice of environment work well and performs effectively. There is certainly room for improvement but then again there always will be in game development. As a YouTuber and game developer myself we consider it a pleasure to try your games and I am pleased to have had the opportunity to try your game.
YouTuber – FellowPlayer: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXzcduiD99hcDMhhCzByRiA
- Sounds good
- Cool mind map
- Good to see an attempt at a project plan and methodology BUT proof is in the pudding... let play!
- First play
- Music woo. Nice touch.
- Game pad controls woo!
- Whoops... let me start the match without joining. AI looks good tho. Lets try again..
- Cool transition into level.
- Making the investment in AI paid off. Very playable as a result!!
- Didn't see them do anything strange, which is normally the goal of good game ai.
- Lost a few rounds. Always to Cyan, suspicious.
- Pillar and Shockwave; unique feature, works well, nice graphical effect, managed to get on top of the pillar which was fun.
- Sudden death; nice music change, good UI signalling.
- Grab; worked well, appreciate the hold input mechanism simplicity, hard to aim though, recommend more experimentation in this area.
- Shove; worked well, nice additional feature, gives the player options during combat.
- very strong deliverable.
- Had a lot of fun because of the AI. good points for that.
- additional gameplay features adding a lot to the game but keeping the essence the same.
- could put more time into really polishing up those character physics mechanics but for a jam of this size very good outcome.
- style is clean and clear, good for prototype but lots of easy wins here to make it unique. if you are not arty person try showing it to artists and get some tips on developing the style a bit. Try experimenting with shaders and lighting for some easy wins.
- no major bugs.
- Next time would be good to push the visuals a bit more. Try to do more with developing your own style for the game. get away from the stock stuff like water bg, default lighting, default capsule model.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.