Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Rundowns and ink?

A topic by Wolfrug created Jan 26, 2024 Views: 59 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted

Hey! So this looks really interesting, but in order for Ink-type games to work you really need to be able to combine multiple files (using #include in regular ink). This -seems- to be possible with the 'rundown' function, but for me it's greyed out (and yes, I've given myself permission to use rundowns, even if I am also the owner and admin of the workspace...). All the places where one might be able to make a rundown seem to be greyed out, and even the example rundown does not work (playing either of the eagle scripts causes an error).

Any ideas?

Host

You might just have to refresh your browser for the permissions to reset in the UI and allow you to create rundowns! But otherwise you have 100% followed this correctly. Let me know if that works?

Submitted

I managed to get the rundowns to 'spawn' by inviting another collaborator, but they still don't seem to be able to recognize each other, even when two scripts are dragged into it correctly. The example script also does not seem to work still? Is there some other place where you can press play on the rundown-included ink scripts? Part 1 of the eagles script just displays an error message and part 2 does nothing (since it doesn't have any immediate content). Frustrating! If it helps, I'm on Firefox.

Host

Also -- this is still a bit awkward but in order for rundowns with linked scripts to compile, the rundown and script must both be open in the UI. You can accomplish this with the split view that you can enable in the top-right of the browser when you have a rundown open. Thanks for kicking the tires here!

Submitted

Aha! There we go. That was indeed a little awkward, but now it seems to work! All right, great! Let's see if we can get this working then :-D Thanks!