Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Progress Report

A topic by DarkMirror created Mar 24, 2021 Views: 216 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 4

So, how is everyone coming along?

Anyone stuck on anything or having trouble? Are you guys making good progress so far?

I've just completed a demo gameplay loop for the full game (typical puzzle game stuff - get the key to open the door to get the key to open another door)... So now I just have to space the rooms out and make it look nice and spooky stylish.

Sound effects are going to be tricky, though. Does anyone have any good sources for ghosty/body horror SFX?

I don't have a particular library that I can recommend, but on top of finding some good free stuff on Youtube you can always do the classic thing of breaking vegetables on mic and mixing those real quick to make some horrible horror SFX (in the good way, seriously). Celery in particular is a common one for emulating the sound of breaking bones.

Every time I join a jam, I always forget how long it takes to make assets, even if it's in 2D and setting them up. My unfamiliarity and stubborness with using Godot certainly doesn't help, but I'm getting there!

Awesome progress; keep it up!

That sounds awesome!

I may have to give the vegetable thing a try. I can't wait to have my housemates walk in on my furiously scowling while I crush vegetables in front of a mic to get that perfect effect! XD

Submitted

I'm pretty happy with our progress so far. I have the core gameplay scripts all built, we have some BGM and character graphics done, and the story of the game is starting to take shape.

That sounds awesome, I hope it goes well!

I always do the story first then try to work around it from there. Can't wait to see it!

Submitted

I'm livestreaming the development on twitch here: https://www.twitch.tv/starmanta

I'm also probably going to make some dev vlogs on my YT channel

Submitted

I'm doing good. I just have problems keeping motivated. This time i'm mostly using pre-made assets because 3D models take forever to texture and make materials for. (also i'm bad at it so that doesn't help) Just a good recording setup and Audacity or another audio software should be enough to make a noise creepy. I recommend experimentation, because that's what Jams are for.

Exactly, I'm hoping I have something good and usable by the end of the jam, but this might be a good project to keep working on and polish up quite a bit (I have to admit that the other games I submitted I kind of just left alone after the jam).