Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

The jam is officially over! ( + Who's the winner)

A topic by rolander4 created Aug 27, 2020 Views: 148
Viewing posts 1 to 1
Host (1 edit)

I wanna say thanks to people who submitted and to people who voted fairly. This was my first ever Jam I've made and I never expected to get over 5 participants.

Who's the winner of the Jasp jam?

There was only two submissions:

• Adventures: Decisions
  • The Dungeons  

Ratings of both

Adventures: Decisions:
=======================================================================

Gameplay: 4.1 - I love the 1,2,3 choice system. it makes gameplay easy but, at the moment there was only 1 story mode to play.               

Controls: 4 - Pressing [ENTER] makes it easy to continue on to next slide. 1,2,3 was nicely put together. 

Story: 3 - I can't say same for the story though. I feel like there was a lack of lure and plot.

Overall: 3.9 - It ranks 2nd in ranked.  It is a good game and the developer behind this (vaibhavkr) Have so much potential. I want to see more from this developer. So, keep it up vaibhavkr!

====================================================================
 The Dungeon:
====================================================================

Gameplay: 4.6 - I absolutely love the "Roll" and "Turnback" feature. I also love the Boss Frenzy mode.  The inventory is neat and easily accessible. This game is randomly generated so each roll you take is random! 

Controls: 4.2 - This game also uses the 1,2,3 system to choose decisions.  Which is highly efficient.

Story: 4 - Going in dungeons isn't new but, The way he/she uses the dungeons genre is clever! This game invested heavily in lore and plot. Which I love.

Overall: 4.8 - It ranks 1st in ranked. The Gameplay is nice I loved playing this game, It's hard and challenging which I love. This game wins the Jasp Jam. Congrats Johnny1o1. I would love to see more python games from you.

How would I improve both?

Adventures: Decisions invests heavily into conversation dialogues and less action choices. Also, I would improve the story by saying that his dad was some kind of spy and a related criminal came and kidnapped him. His wife and/or mom (if we was talking about the child) was also some kind of agent or spy. The child would be involved but less this time. The wife and/or mom came face to face with the criminal was had a ultimate battle (which will involve more action choices) and we will unlock an ending.

The Dungeons invests heavily into action choices and less conversation dialogues. I would give power-ups to this game. Like, there would be a secret temple which will give you power-ups in exchange for gold. I honestly don't know what else to give. 

The Jasp Jam Is over, but don't worry!

Games link:

https://itch.io/jam/python-text-adventure-jam/rate/728587 (The Dungeons)
https://itch.io/jam/python-text-adventure-jam/rate/677018 (Adventure: Decisions)
The dungeons has won the jasp jam. I'll see you all in the next Jasp Jam! Goodbye!