SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Bundle Proceeds

A topic by Mean Green Press created Nov 27, 2023 Views: 103 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 2
(+2)

Hi all!

Thanks to TheTominator for making this jam/bundle and to fellow devs for contributing! I think it's a great way to let people on itch support indie devs while getting a bunch of really great games. I looked through lots of the submissions and wow, y'all are really talented and should be proud of your work!

I just wanted to ask the moderator: how will the proceeds from this bundle be split up among the developers that contributed to it? I didn't see any specifics about it on the jam page, just that together we can make money for us all this holiday season (which does sound nice lol). I think it would be good to discuss this openly ahead of time just so everyone knows what to expect. Thank you!

- Nate from MGP

Host(+1)

Thank you so much for the kindness Nate! I'm sorry for the confusion; I'd put the details in the one-line description, but not the main description!

The bundle uses a straightforward revenue split system.  The number or value of games submitted does not mean more or less of a cut, so that all developers get support. Especially since I feel that indie games are often undervalued in today's market, I thought this'd be the best course of action.

I hope this helped clarify any concerns! If you have any more questions please let me know either on this email or via my email thomaswillswork@gmail.com

Bundle approval links will be sent over the next couple days.

Have a great week! Thank you so much again :)

- TheTominator

(+1)

Thank you so much for the clarification and the quick response! That system sounds perfect, and I totally agree; indie devs need to stick together and this is a great way to do just that!

I'm eagerly awaiting the bundle going live. Fingers crossed it gets the attention it deserves when it does (And again, wow! What a great crowd of contributors)

Host(+1)

Of course! I will mention that because of the number of creators in the bundle, some are getting 2% and others 1%. This distribution is randomized, so as to make it more fair. Additionally, for the time put into creating the bundle I've set my own revenue to 4%; it took me almost two hours just to submit all the games into the co-op bundle! Between marketing of the bundle, creation of the logos, quality control and management I think this is a fair deal. Let me know if you guys think otherwise!