Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

My Only Friend

A topic by Zimebeline created Sep 03, 2020 Views: 122 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2

Hello,
My game's project is inspired by a phenomena known as "Hikikomori" (for widthdrawal in Japan society). For those who never heard about it, it is someone who retrieving, and finally leaving the society, usually staying at home most of their time. This key-word research would lead you to more information, if you're interested.
The main character would be a girl whose role is to help these people come back to a "normal" life. (from the "rent-a-sister" proceed)
She could interact with different characters - with atypical background - by asking questions, giving advice, and offering gifts.
They're would probably be an old man with Alzeihmer.  A not-so-old boy with addictive issues. And a beautiful girl not confident at-all.
The scenes take place mainly in their bedrooms (I'm probably willing to pay theses assets, as I'm not into drawing).
The purpose is to bring more understanding and empathy for people surrounding and the aim would be to bring working advises for people concerned.
This would be mostly narrative, and there wouldn't be much mechanism to implement, instead the multi-choice dialogues.
Willing to do it with Game Maker Studio.

Give me luck,

If anyone can bring  some little help, could be advises, or want to be inside the team,
Feel free to answers here on this channel.
See you soon, for the advancement of this project. :)

You might want to check out Ren'Py; it's a game engine made specifically for visual novels.