Skip to main content

Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Ideas and Suggestions Sticky

A topic by Zachary Fried (he, him, his) created Mar 09, 2021 Views: 122 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Host (1 edit)

๐Ÿ›Ž๏ธ  YOUR IDEAS ARE IMPORTANT  ๐Ÿ–‹๏ธ

Sharing, participating, and collaborating in these narrative design jams will make the video game industry a more accessible place for entry-level artists and young students!

Meanwhile, I want these narrative design jams to be thrilling, sensational, and something you look forward to every week.

Please tell me your comments, questions, and concerns below!!! 

Submitted(+1)

I really like the idea of having regular jams focused on the writing, having a fire lit under one's ass has a way to keep a person >going<. That said, making it weekly feels like a bit much? Unless we can present progress on ongoing stuff as a new entry. 

I'd be open to longer jams in the future too!

Host(+1)

Yes, having structure and a deadline helps move things forward :D

Progress on ongoing stuff definitely counts. There's no finite set of rules and obligations in this jam because I host these jams and currently they are unranked so no one feels like it's a competition or too much pressure with life complications

I'll run long and short jams so depending on people's schedules and procrastination, they feel they have a doable jam. I like short jams for myself because I feel it's best to get many small works out for employers to see.

I see many jammers, developers, artists, and more say shorter jams with more work = more hiring. Of course, this is what I'm noticing and my opinion.