Skip to main content

Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Welcome! Sticky

A topic by Zachary Fried (he, him, his) created Mar 08, 2021 Views: 186 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Host (1 edit)

Why are you doing this and who are you?

Hello, my name is Zachary Fried and I am passionate about storytelling. Every element of a video game is crucial and narrative design is far too overlooked. If you look on Itch.io, I couldn't find ONE writing-focused jam in the past 24 hours and that is scary! Writers like me get overwhelmed with art, programming, and marketing. It's time we just focus on the story for the player and create plot concepts that thrill audiences.

Hopefully, this jam connects you to other writers, gives you a place to showcase your talent, and lets you get creative.

Now, let's do this! I'm a writer who gave you a platform, deadline, and a theme so no excuses for not knowing what to write or where to share it XD.

✨View or follow my page for more examples!✨

Host unlocked this topic
Host (1 edit)

I'll also be throwing more resources and tools in another post once I get some sleep! I've been busy promoting the jam. Thank you to everyone who has joined so far; here's to the stories we create!

Happy Monday! 😁🎆

This jam is short just to get people participating with minimal requirements. Then, when the community grows I'll rank submissions and extended deadlines. 

It's best to think of this as a community and social event then an intense hack-a-thon.

I may create a week-long one.

Submitted(+1)

Hello! I'm Leonardo Andrade and stories have always been my favourite things, especially those dealing with the outlandish, fantastic and strange. I've been dedicating myself to narrative design and writing for interactive media for close to a year now, after graduating from journalism school. I would like to eventually work in the games industry telling stories like the ones that shaped me and keep rocking my world to this day. Big fan of the Mass Effect trilogy, Horizon Zero Dawn and SOMA, to name a couple. 

I'm joining this jam to get back into an IF project I put in the drawer to focus on TTRPG content. I want to make some progress in it and write some deliverables based on it as an exercise. Maybe get around to writing bark sheets, heh.

Host(+1)

How wonderful! It's a pleasure to meet you.

Host

I hope all of you are doing well currently! Please let me know if you have any questions and thank you again for your support.

Ironically, I may not write anything for this jam. I've busy finding new avenues to promote this and foster more of a narrative design community. However, I would love to collaborate more with each of you in the upcoming narrative jams or just talk through them.

I will share entries from this jam onto my social media to celebrate and promote you wonderful authors after this jam is finished and we are on to the next!

Thank you again for your support and participation. You make the community, you make narrative design more recognizable and widespread in the gaming community through these jams ❤️

Host

Keep it up! The first jam is almost over!

It warms my heart to see 7 people joined to make some writings. Again this jam is unranked and purely made to help each other in our artform and careers. 

I graduated high school a year ago to pursue the arts as a whole and now I've narrowed it down to Narrative design. 

Times are tough, I have been busy with resume and job application stuff while creating this jam. If I don't write any Narrative works in these next few jams it's because I'm trying to figure out what I'll do for work and plan on moving out of my home for the first time. 

Also, I will still promote, share, and celebrate each and everyone of your accomplishments because you're pursuing what you love or trying something new! 

I've also been networking and contacting industry professionals, AAA writers, and agencies to help give recommendations and feedback to add portfolio tips and structure for writers submissions for agencies, companies, and studios. 

Please let me know if you can get notifications for posts like these:) Later today, I will create a results page so we can share each other's work and talk about the jam ❤

Thank you all again, I'm excited to turn a tide in this industry and help writers everywhere do what they love affordably and safely.