Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[DevLog] Confection Connection

A topic by myserval created Jan 06, 2018 Views: 3,134 Replies: 26
Viewing posts 18 to 21 of 21 · Previous page · First page
(1 edit)

Alright this one's gonna be short too, not because I'm tired but because I've only got a bit to show you.

Oh god i actually got nervous typing that ..... Here we go!

Lots of recipes and ingredients got done today! Particularly, these: 

And these:

I hear the constellation drink is to die for ... er wait that's not even funny

Tibby went through and added expression tags to all of the dialogue, to make Heather and Theo emote.

And lastly, there was discussion of an ice cream sandwich recipe. Well, I guess the name. I guess. 

Which, makes sense! Ice cream is cold. But then .... 

oh no

........ so uhh

yeah uhh

https://strawpoll.com/55ew1bpg

I dont wanna leave off on that. So here's another character!

Anyways, that's all I've got to show you for today! Yes the Uranus thing was necessary. Yes it pertains to the development of the game. I'm sorry I put you through that. 

I'll see you in 24 hours!

-Myserval

(1 edit)

oh no.

24 hours left. We're here! We're reaching the final corner before the jam ends. We're all hard at work adding final polishes to everything and filling in the holes that we overlooked during the process. You might have seen an entry pop in and out intermittently as our programmer started building semifinal release candidates for the jam!

So I guess it's inaccurate to say it's the final countdown, since I imagine we'll be fleshing the game out quite a bit more after the jam. So, it's the semifinal (but really beginning of the end sort of) countdown!

In the past day, all of the ingredient art got done, and work began on the Itch.io game page. That's why you might see the game pop in and out of the entries page!

That's a lot! 

There was discussion of adjusting how decorations work (for the time consideration of not making 3 variations of each recipe in 24 hours). The decorations are going to be adjusted to become holographic, and hover more as a garnish than edible decor.

All of the writing is finished, and our programmer started putting all of the new assets into the game. UI, Sounds and a bunch of art sprites all got added to the game. It's all starting to fall into place

speaking of falling, i'm starting to fall asleep so it's wise of me to get out of here before my head hits the keyboard!

But first, the last character:

Thanks! I'll talk to you tomorrow for a recap ............. probably........

-Myserval

Submitted(+1)

oh my gosh I'm super late to this but this devlog is an absolute delight!!! any cooking-related games make me weak i love em so much. I'm super looking forward to playing this game!

Thank you! We're all super proud of how it turned out and it means a whole lot that you like the devlog!

(2 edits)

Hey all just wanted to pop in, and say: The game jam is about to end. You can find our game in the entries tab and we'd love to hear what you think about it! I'll be passing your comments onto the team and I'm sure they'll be happy to hear anything you have to say about it. 

https://itch.io/jam/my-first-game-jam-winter-2018/rate/214586

Thanks all so much for your support and interest and I'm really proud of where our product is at this point. I'll be popping in soon to post a postmortem but until then, thanks for reading!

Viewing posts 18 to 21 of 21 · Previous page · First page