Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[Post-mortem] The Forest Treasure

A topic by Sir Floof created Jan 23, 2017 Views: 302
Viewing posts 1 to 1

So, I finished my game, but as it turns out, I finished it after the jam had already ended.

So yeah. That sucks.

But hey, I published a game! It's missing some sound effects, but I still published it! You can play my game here. Its title is "The Forest Treasure".

So, my thoughts on the game. Overall, I enjoyed the game development process, but there are two things I could've done better:

1. I didn't take this seriously enough. By that, I mean that I kinda slacked off a bit when making this game. Because of that, I didn't make full use of the 2 weeks I had to make it, and I feel like my game could've been a lot better if I had.

2. Real life got in the way. This isn't exactly my fault, but it was still a detriment to the quality of the game. By the time I had gotten serious about finishing my game, there was homework to be done, quizzes to study for, and a quinceañera that I had been invited to. As a result, I had even less time to finish and polish my game.

As for what worked, that would be:

1. I had enough resources to finish the game despite my time loss. OpenGameArt was a blessing when making this. I don't think I would've been able to finish it had I tried to make my own assets.

2. I'm mostly satisfied with how the game turned out. My game isn't perfect by any means, but I'm still okay with how it turned out in the end, even if there's a lot of room to make it better.

In conclusion, while I'm not 100% satisfied with how the game turned out, I'm still proud of what I made, and I'm glad that I more or less know the basics of how to develop a game now. In the future, I hope to make better games for people to play and have fun with.

Now I just need to learn how to code.