SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Coming Out: An Interactive Story

A topic by emewtwo created Jul 19, 2019 Views: 187 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

Hello Hello! 

For the past 8 hours, I have been learning Renpy from never downloading the engine before, and I'm hooked! I decided to join this game jam to learn a new skill and to keep busy during summer vacation. This is my first game ever, which will be finished by the end of the Jam! 

Coming Out: An Interactive Story walks you through a few different scenarios in which the player has to come out. For the sake of being inclusive, the player is coming out as queer. There are 8 different endings, each based off of whatever path the player takes.  For each path, (except for the dog and cat path because they are lovely animals that don't judge us) the player can decide if they want the person/people to be accepting or not. From there, a basic story takes place. 

Coming out is never easy. From figuring out the right setting, to finding the right words to say, coming out is super complicated and messy. This game just scratches the surface at how it feels to come out. This game by no means fulls grasps the topic of coming out. The last thing I want is for this game to make it seem like coming out is straight forward (pun intended). 

Please feel free to share your feedback, I would love to know how I can improve! 

It is 3:09am right now so I am going to sleep, but here is what the first scenario screen looks like. 

-Emily 

Submitted (1 edit)

The game is officially finished! I am pretty happy with the finished product, except for the fact that some of the sprites are too big. I had a great time making this and would love to make more games in the future! 

Here is the link to the game: https://emewtwo.itch.io/coming-out-an-interactive-story

For some reason, I couldn't get the game to work in a browser. The game would just download but wouldn't actually run. Strange.