SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Defend The Island

A topic by yet another user created Jul 26, 2018 Views: 334 Replies: 6
Viewing posts 1 to 8
(2 edits) (+1)

Defend The Island

I've been messing around with unreal engine for a while, but haven't made any attempt at making a functional game for a while, so when I saw this DevJam I decided to give it a shot. Feel free to comment down below for suggestions or questions

Since I don't plan on selling this game I will be adding links letting you download FBX folders of my assets

Screenshots:

Currently I'm 45 minutes in to a lighting build and working on shooting physics.

I'll post an update when / If I get an AI mechanism Implimented

links:

2 Tree Models (FBX Files)

The Project Is coming along great, though making the deadline will be tough, here are some screenshots of my progress

e

experimental scripting for my projectile

Potential AI model

One of my failed models

I still have a  lot of work to do on the AI's and on other core game mechanics *cough* gunplay *cough* which will be a bit of a rush to get done in time.  However I have finished a functional in game graphical settings page.

(+1)

FINALLY I have a test version of my AI that is mostly functional (it still needs a bit of work)

Well Finally I have a functional AI for my game, the AI will follow you around once you walk into its line of sight  face your direction and attempt to kill you

visual scripting:

Screenshot of the AI trying to kill you: (RIP humanity)

And another screenshot of the island:

This was hard to get into a functional state in the time that I had, and it will still be a rush to get this game into a playable state by the time that the First Game Jam ends. At least I am still following through with my original goal to have:

1.) A 3D game

2.) Decent Graphics

3.) Some kind of AI

With about a day and a half left in this game jam I would say that this project is coming along great considering the fact that this is my first game i've ever created

The plot of the game is that a seceret millitary installation in the Pacific that was tasked  with creating a next generation robot army to fight the future wars of the US. However the experiment went wrong when the robots got the ability to create more of themselvs, very quickly the island was overrun with the robots, who have since become aggresive to every living thing. It is your job to destroy them all before they spread to the rest of the world

The AI's really hate humans now

And now they can kill you as well

From a development standpoint I addeed in a functonal Day / Night system

a picture of these gun toting robots 

I still have a lot of work to do with ballancing the game, as of now the AI's can take 4 shots and you can take 50. I still want to add in a 1v1 mode where you fight individual overpowered AI's. I"ll post an updates  when I can.

I have Implemented a 1v1 ladder mode against AI's in a certian arena, I have also added in a lobby that you spawn into to start the game.

You  start by spawning into a lobby like this:

Then you walk into the sphere to enter the game:

If you die the game will send you back to the lobbey and you have to restart!

On another note I also made the sunsetrise and sunset even prettier.

since this one is so ugly I have another one that actually looks decent

This was close, but I got a page up in time for the deadline (no files untill sometime tommorow) great work everyone that submitted a game. Sadly my PC couldn't cook the game in time for the deadline, but I should have it up by tommorow!