Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Jammio Wanting to Sponsor

A topic by Multivarious created Oct 19, 2023 Views: 73 Replies: 3
A moderator has unlisted this topic. It is not visible on the topic listing but you can still reply and make edits.
Viewing posts 1 to 5
(1 edit) (-2)

Hi All,

My name is chris and I'm a part of a small team that has created a Discord tool for game Jams. I'm just trying to let people know about it and we think it can really be helpful. It's called Jammio (www.jammio.xyz). We're looking to support upcoming Game Jams by offering it for free to communities doing cool events. If this is something you're interested in learning more about, please feel free to reach out.

I appreciate the opportunity and happy to answer any questions. Hope your Jam goes well!

- volpe

Jam Host unlisted this topic
Jam Host

Ripoff. Not willing to spend $250 a year on something this trivial.

(1 edit)

Not sure why you felt it was necessary to provide your feedback in that manner, but I will say we always welcome constructive feedback. As per the pricing, we found our pricing to be very reasonable. $250 for a year for a tool that saves a tremendous amount of time, and that's for the higher end tier, most smaller events pay nothing or very little.  Keep in ind that this is built on an AWS server system, we host data which costs us money, transfer data, etc. 

Also, ultimately we were looking to sponsor, so I can provide you a free use of the tool to try it out throughout our Beta period here, and possible sponsor in other ways.

I'm curious your thoughts on trivial? Jammio helps with all the logistics and organizing of a Jam, so we don't consider that trivial. It saves a tremendous amount of time, particularly for larger events. We host our own Jams, as well as Global Game Jam, and this tool has saved us hundreds of hours every year in getting the event started, teams organized, and saving data after the event. I'm curious how you run your event based on your comments. Are you using a different tool? Are you doing everything by hand? How long does it take you to get everyone into your discord and organized into teams? Do you offer any sort of automatic team creation or role placement?

Again. We're a small company working on this tool for quite awhile. We're not trying to rip any one off and we know exactly what it's like to run Jams of numerous sizes including ones of several hundred people.

I appreciate your time and feedback

- volpe

Jam Host

It's been 7 months. How many jams on itch.io pay for the bot?