Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

MiniJam 98 Reflection

A topic by voveostudios created Jan 25, 2022 Views: 85
Viewing posts 1 to 1

Finally, a bouncing grenade that stuns, slows, and rends skeletons. Sorry, let me start from the start. 

My brainstorming perfectly depicts the ramblings of a mad man. 

Empty... empty stomach? Empty world? Maybe something emphasizing creation, like minecraft. Space. astronaut. Lack of life? Decluttering your room (ah I need to clean mine). Maybe a racing game where you throw out different parts of the car to impede enemies and go faster. Maybe a drinking game. Empty a magazine? Interesting, maybe only the last bullet kills. What about the others though, what do they do? 

A day or two later, there's a glimmer of an idea. A shoot'em'up game where only the last bullet kills. The other bullets all cause different debuffs that slows/fears/knocks back/stuns the enemy.  Furthermore, depending on the loadout of the gun, you either fire a shotgun spray of bullets, your bullets explode, bounce, or pierces through the horde of undead. BUT! What if your bullets can do all of the above? The power fantasy got to me, and seeing my spray of piercing, bouncing grenades demolish skeletons on screen felt sick. This is MY game, and damn, I'm having fun playing it. 

I wasn't worried about time. My first game jam was 48 hours long, in comparison, 72 hours felt like forever. I should've worried. 

From finding assets, implementing screenshakes, to debugging and debugging and debugging, I unfortunately, missed the submission by an hour or so. Still, it's been a hell of a ride, and so much fun, hope you have fun too! 

As you play and rate it, let me know what you high score is! Mine is 965 馃挘馃挘馃挘馃敨

https://itch.io/jam/mini-jam-98-empty/rate/1366443