Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Resubmitting a former game

A topic by Mossieur Patate created Jul 26, 2022 Views: 66 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2

Hello!

I have a very specific question: I did not take part in the current edition (because I tried the GMTK Game Jam, including testing entries), and finding out the current limitation now, it turns out the game I had submitted for Mini Jam 110 also fits the current constraint perfectly (and somewhat the theme, through the use of ‘dual’ colours).

Nevertheless, this game was submitted right after the end of the voting period for Mini Jam 110, because I had started later for personal reasons (although I really made it in about three days) and had access to the submission link just too late, and so, it did not really get a chance of being tested/reviewed. Seeing this big coincidence, would you mind if I resubmitted this game in the current edition?

I am well aware of the following rule, but since this is a bit of a specific case (ie it was kind of an outsider in Mini Jam 110 because of getting submitted after the end), I am wondering if this can be treated as an exception. (I did not update the game or add anything since Mini Jam 110.) As I understand it, the rule was made to prevent people getting a given game evaluated several times or developed in way too much time, but mine was not. I am mainly interested in having feedback about it.

Can I submit a game I already made?  No. You may only submit projects made within the time frame. We do check.

Thanks in advance for any answer; I just couldn’t believe what a coincidence this was, so I might as well chance it! Sorry for the inconvenience, I would understand if you feel you cannot make an exception.

(2 edits)

Copy-pasting here ZahranW’s answer for the record:

Sorry, you can’t submit a game already made, you can however get feedback on it in the discord server

So, I am still suggesting those who are interested to see why I thought the game was so fitting for ‘You Are Your Own Enemy’. It matches it even more than its original constraint of ‘Failure is Inevitable’, actually!
https://mossieur-patate.itch.io/blocage-entropique
(The game is called Entropy Block; it is a puzzle game where you have to invert time, go back and destroy your past self. If you have seen the film Tenet by Christopher Nolan, you should get it already!)

Since I am not a contender in the current edition, I cannot cast votes for entries, anyway, I will still review some, and I am still interested in constructive feedback.

See you in another edition of Mini Jam probably! ;)