Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Can I keep going with my last Metroidvania Month Jam Entry

A topic by bjiCorp created Nov 05, 2022 Views: 192 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3

Can I keep going with my last Metroidvania Month Jam Entry?

I can assume that this is a no, but I'd like to keep working on my last Metroidvania Month jam submission: As Above.

I've reached a point where I have a couple of projects I wish to continue working on, I'm not interested in coming up with any more for the time being. I don't care about winning jams, I just use them to force me to work on projects and to get feedback on projects. It would be great to just be able to keep on working on my last Metroidvania Month jam project, as there is still a lot to do to get it to a point of it being a complete demo.

My case for this is based on this rule:

3. Incomplete games are accepted, I would like to see them evolve if it's a project that you'll continue. So don't stress to make a complete game! But your submission should be playable.

I have not submitted the project to any other jam other than the last Metroidvania Month jam, and just want to continue on the project as part of another Metroidvania Month jam as I didn't manage to get a complete demo of what I was aiming for done in the jam timeframe.

I'm pretty sure that rule is in regard to what you submit being incomplete, not starting already with something that's incomplete and working from there. Rule 1 is what I'd look to

I'm still waiting on someone running the jam to comment on this, otherwise I will be submitting my existing project once I've finished my update work.