Jobs
Tags

Give me feedback

A topic by wilson created Nov 17, 2021 Views: 189 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted

https://influxdrago.itch.io/monovania

(+1)

Hello!  I'm rly liking this so far!!  Movement feels easy, and the minimalistic control scheme and presentation of information on-screen is easy-to-grasp!  At this stage in the jam, keep running with what you got and I think this will be really cool :)

Disclaimer: I have zero game-dev experience, just a Metroidvania fan and bystander cheering y'all on from the sidelines and eager to play all the submissions once the jam ends!  As such, take these suggestions with a grain of salt, and do whatever you think works best!  I personally wouldn't mind a quick summary of what the wall-jump power-up does once you unlock it (maybe just a little visual above the character)!  Also, I couldn't pick up or use the gun after moving through it (my guess was that this is probably the point at which you're currently programming, but just wanted to say this in case that wasn't true!)

So uhm, maybe its just me being stupid, but that room that you fall into through an invisible wall right at the beginning, you seem to be stuck there? And, i know, i know, graphics arent that important, but, yknow, maybe you want your game to have a certain feel, which is hard to do with cubes.