SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Monthly to Yearly Awards Sticky

A topic by JustKay created Jul 24, 2017 Views: 101
Viewing posts 1 to 1
Host

Hi, one and all!

So this was mentioned quickly in an email a few Jams ago and I wanted to expand on it further here. While currently, we are working hard behind the scenes to grow the Rainbow Jam community, bring more substance to you the participants, and increase participation we have lately had rather low submission numbers. It didn’t make sense to give 5 awards to a single game simply because it was the only one submitted so I called an audible and changed things up. Now instead of us awarding one of those every month, we will be moving to a yearly awards ceremony! Every time you submit a game to a Rainbow Jam this year it is automatically submitted into the list for the end of the year; this gives us time to come up with something really good to give the winners. The awards will still stay the same category-wise as they have for all previous Rainbow Jams.

We will also be giving raffle tickets out to people throughout the Jams that will then all go into a giant pot for some really cool things (we are still deciding on what, so feel free to give us input on that in the next Town Hall or through this form). You can earn these tickets a couple of ways: 1) by submitting a game [limited to one submission a Jam], 2) by giving real feedback on games that request it [limit still pending], 3) by promoting the current Jam on social media and tagging myself or the Rainbow Jam account in it [limited to one submission a jam]. Now, for the next couple of months this is still what we will consider Beta rules so they may change, but if they happen they will only change moving forward and not affect any past raffle tickets gained.