Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

I'd love to join, I just can't find anywhere to actually learn coding!

A topic by L00M created Sep 10, 2021 Views: 369 Replies: 6
Viewing posts 1 to 8
(1 edit)

I have multiple great ideas, but I don't know how to code in Unity, would someone be willing to either teach me or push me in the right direction to learn it?

I'd prefer using Visual Scripting, because that's simpler to understand, but either way works.

(+3)

have you tried the junior programming course made by Unity HERE

(+1)

I don't think Unity has visual scripting built-in, You can try UE4 or UE5 but they are a bit hard. For beginners I would recommend GODOT as it is incredibly easy to learn and use, it even has visual scripting! If you are looking for tutorials for Unity, Brackeys is probably the best option; he has made hundreds of videos and he has probably talked about every aspect of Unity,

(1 edit) (+1)

There actually is a visual scripting tool for Unity which you can just download from the asset store. It is called Bolt and I saw a lot of tutorials for that on Youtube too, so maybe check that out :) Haven't tried it myself, but that might be a good thing to get started with :) Apart from that you should definitely join, even if you have no idea what you're doing so far! This is a learning jam after all :) Connecting with other learners is a great way to start your journey. In my experience the best way to learn is to just start making things :)

(+1)

https://www.udemy.com/course/unitycourse2/

this one is great

Remember this submit your first little projects in the first 3 months! I’ll be playing them and giving feedback too! Also submitting completed tutorials in the first 3 months is totally allowed 

tbh i would reccomend game make studio 2 its amazing and helped me make some hobbyist games