SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

DevLog - Momentum FPS

A topic by D.KB created Jun 13, 2020 Views: 84 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted

Hello,

As the game jam begins, I am starting a short devlog in order to keep track of progress as well as explain the process I am going through.

Currently, I am working on an FPS game on the Unity engine using the Development Kit that is provided by the engine.  As I am not familiar with asset creation, I will be using the assets provided.  My goal of the shooter is to create a Doom-esque FPS in which the player navigates corridors and rooms with enemies all around, with each level ending after killing all and reaching the end with certain key items.  The only issues that I can currently foresee is the limited assets not allowing for some more nuanced mechanics of combat.  Hopefully the dev kit can provide some ways on expanding this along with some online tutorials.  Come of it what may.

Submitted

Hour 12,

After on and off work on the project and working through the tutorial along with adding my own ideas, the project is nearly done.  Not as polished and detailed as I would like to make it, but with the limited resources that fit the scenario and my inability to produce custom models for the project, I have done what I can.  I will pick up whatever I can when I wake up next morning and hopefully will have the final project ready to present.