Play gameVisit Heart Strings's game page
Judge feedback is anonymous.
The game is about a school that somehow marries it students for some reason to graduate if you don’t you get a random person? How is this legally possible? But I’ve seen dating sims doing crazier so I guess this isn’t that surprising of a premise.
The gameplay feels too early in planning and as a dating sim game it lacks some aspects and some odd choices. Things I noted:
- You have 107 days. Time limits like this are good!
- Going to school, you can only take one class or hang out. There is no warning.
- You can’t get any “points” if you fail a series of choices (e.g. Cosmetics). The problem is that there's no material in the game that seems to explain these concepts? What about people who don't use Cosmetics, do we have to google search some beauty tips?
- Hanging out with dudes (e.g. Rin) results no scene or whatsoever to get to know them giving you no reason to get into them. It makes you ask why bother?
- There’s no routine for all the characters or the use of calendar. Everyone is in school 12/7.
- You don’t get tired, ever. You can just continue studying.
- The game isn’t clear when is night and day to go to school. You just have to remember it.
- The Janitor minigame is alright.
- There needs to be a quick travel mode.
Super big maps that needs to be tighter so you can go to places you need to go faster. The intro sudden and feels like the pacing isn't just there. There’s no “romantic” moments for a dating sim game. Shit just happens out of nowhere. There's some typos here and there.
I was excited to play a dating sim and was sorely disappointed.
Total – 33/80
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.