Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

First Topic! And I have a question for the Jam Hosts!

A topic by Amadan Interactive created Nov 20, 2021 Views: 102 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2

Looking forward to the jam, I've been getting back into learning Houdini after a break as well as trying to prepare a workflow that I'll be comfortable working solo with for when the jam begins.

I wanted to ask if there is any issue with using a 3rd party visual scripting asset solution like Playmaker (for Unity) for the jam submission?

I decided to try and learn the basics of it today, as I'm looking for the most pain free solution towards designing a game with the least fighting with the game engine in regards to technical problems (gonna be using Unity for the game this time around and I still have zero interest in diving into C#).

Last Houdini Jam I used Construct 3 which was completely based around visual scripting, so unless there is a "no assets of any kind" policy, I can't really see issue with someone using something like Playmaker.

Host

You are allowed to use any game dev tools, add-ons, and assets that you would like. You will be required to list which tools and assets you used when you submit your game.