Play gameDaidala's itch.io page
|Presentation (itch listing)||#2||3.500||3.500|
|Game Play / Game Feel||#3||3.500||3.500|
|Innovation / Experimentation||#7||3.333||3.333|
Ranked from 6 ratings. Score is adjusted from raw score by the median number of ratings per game in the jam.
Judge feedback is anonymous and shown in a random order.
- A fun mythological take on the tower defense genre, very well executed over all.
- Excellent game, fun, addictive gameplay. Very polished in terms of level design, gameplay, graphics, and audio. Impressive stuff.
- Cool, well executed concept! I'm impressed at the depth of interactions even in this "demo"-esque version. For example the fact that ice mages permanently altered the terrain, creating shortcuts for other enemies and removing kill potential with the displacement trap. Great voice acting! This way even I can learn some Greek mythology. Overall good job! I had a fun time playing.
- Daidala, a neat twist on classic tower defense games. Working with a story from ancient greece, they have managed to create a head scratching, and quite hectic game where you have to defend one of the most misunderstood characters of ancient mythology. The game plays really well! As the different mechanics appear, the game gets gradually harder and more complicated. The beginning tutorial is very neat, it shows the mechanics of the game before the players has time to figure out things, so it teaches by showing it instead, which works wonders. However, I would consider to make a tutorial that does some more showing to the player directly, in order to avoid any potential misses, or gating people of a lower literacy of games. The less frustration we create for the players, the better! The artstyle is consistent throughout, and looks really great, the levels and statues really tells the story level for level, which is really great and thought out. The narration is amazing! I usually skip narration if I've read the contents already, but here, I genuinely wanted to listen to the story completely, well done! Amazing work overall! keep it up, and I hope you get to continue polishing the game!
- Really good game, can se this on the mobile platform. Very easy to monetize and has a great potential, good job!!
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.