Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

First Game Jam, Any Tips to Share

A topic by Mr.Awezome created Mar 10, 2021 Views: 207 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 5
(+1)

This will be my first game jam after learning how Gdevelop5  works.  Any tips on what to do and what not to do?

Host

Hey there, that sounds awesome! I'd say the most important thing is to make something small - you will want to submit something that works than a non-functional bigger idea. Best of luck with it all, and remember to take care of yourself across the week! :D

(+1)

Thanks for the tip! 

Host

No worries! :D

(+1)

Try to complete certain functions at once, don't skip around.  For example, if you're working on your character's walking system, finish the whole system as much as you can before moving onto something else.  Otherwise, you'll have a bunch of half-complete systems in your game, and no one wants that!  This is just something that's worked really well for me in my past 2 game jams.

Best of luck!

(+2)

I'll keep that in mind, good luck to you as well!

Submitted

yeah id much rath have half of the things work, rather bthan everything work have way.

Please keep in mind “Quality over Quantity”, make somthing polished and small, but not big and crappy!

yes. one simple way is just to include an movement and level transition or something to make it more story driven.