SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[DevLog] Suicide Hero

A topic by MlekonCZ created May 24, 2022 Views: 241 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 4
(1 edit) (+3)

Day 1 
Me and KnowledgeCat247 have teamed up to create a platformer game where player will get ability from the last enemy that killed him. For example if hero will be killed by a spider he will be able to climb on walls (Just example). Player will then need to use different abilities to complete the level, while the death will change hero's approach.

Day 2
Created character controller for running around and jumping and flipping sprite. Also used new Unity input system so game will be playable with either keyboard or gamepad

Day 4 
Today I added spawn point for player, for now when player dies he will revive there and finish to complete level and be teleported to different level.  Also added mechanic for climbing on Ladder and some nature hazard (spikes) that will take health from player and knock him back. Tried to add some post processing to make it more eye appealing for now even when It is still in extremely early phase. KnowledgeCat247 did create tile map for ground and started working on character.

Submitted

Neat progress! I'm really liking the concept idea! Looking forward to giving it a go :D Good luck to you for the rest of the jam!

Thanks, and good luck to you too!

Day 5
Today KnowledgeCat247 added character and also created Idle animation and running animation. I implemented animationHandler to control animations to make current work and make it easier for implementing new ones later. Then added logic for Attacking and Defending, only waiting for attack and defend animations now. And started on working first enemy (Slime).

(1 edit)

Day 7
During last 2 days KnowledgeCat247 added second music track, made animation for player attacking, sprites for goblin, slime and spider. And also made animation for spider.  
I didnt have time yesterday so I only worked on it today and correctly integrated attacking with attack animation that I have been provided with. Tweaked some numbers to make gameplay feel more natural. Made scriptable object for enemies to make adjusting them easier. Then I added behaviour for slime to make him wander around the map. Tomorrow I plan on working either on spider logic or implementing inheriting of abilities from enemies that killed player. 

If you have any ideas about the abilities that could be added for different enemies I will be glad for any suggestions. For now It probably will be that slime will grant double jump and spider will grant wall climbing. But it can still change. Also thanks for reading it till the end.