Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Beginner with Godot and Blender

A topic by MrDrRobotoMan created Apr 22, 2020 Views: 189 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted

So this is my first game jam. I have heard it is a great way to test your skills and make new contacts. I would like to join a team but will go solo if I must. I am still very fresh and learning GD script in Godot. I also know some basics with 2d and 3d modeling in Blender as well as a little bit of pixel art in Gimp. Mostly I am good at conceptualizing and putting a project together. I have actually developed and published a very simple kids game onto google play so I know how to start and finish a project. I am interested in making a fun and perhaps educational game. I am not into zombies and excessive violence. Let me know if I can be a part of your team. Hope everyone has fun.

I can join your team if you want I can do c# with unity. 

What I can do I can do first person movement guns GUI online networking aka multiplayer destroy things spawn points chechpoints 

What I am working on I am working on inv collecting items basic survival game

What I cannot do

3d art animation or music I can do sound effects 

I have been doing game dev for 1 year now and this is also my first game jam so If you want to work together I can setup a discord and talk just replay to this your answers because i don’t know how itch works with dm

Submitted

First off thank you for your reply. So i was going to try to do programming in Godot however I may still be interested in building some 3d models for you depending on the game genre you decide to go with. As I said I am not interested in gore or violence. Nether am I interestid in magic for that matter. Sci Fi would be ok. I may be ok with a FPS in the spirit of splatoon or slime rancher. I am not very good with 3d animation either. I can do a little but my character design and movements have much to be desired. I do a fair job with inanimate objects though and could perhaps do some environment work. I haven't played with that too much yet. Anyway let me know what you think and I hope you find a team that fits you style. Have fun. 

(1 edit)

great join my discord https://discord.gg/yQyMp3c it’s fine and doesn’t have to look good this game jam and the lockdown is a good time to learn new skills like I am going to try invintory or cars so just try something new