Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Fusing the "Fuck Capitalism" and "Otome" Jams!! - Team Needed! (Free/ Volunteer)

A topic by xxCathArtistxx created 79 days ago Views: 123 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 5
(3 edits) (+1)

Hi! I'm an artist, writer, and beginner programmer who wants to get into game deving! I thought a small wacky little project would be a great way to get some experience and noticed these two jams were starting at the same time. So why not fuse the concepts?

Game is fairly short, 3ish hours at longest in my head.

A 2D pixel side scroller with a lot if visual novel elements Summary:

SEAMSTRESSED!!

Set in a world where the superhuman is the norm, you're Rowin, a seamstress... well... a sweatshop worker, but you don't know it yet. But one day, you're able to piece it all together... And you resolve to burn it ALL down to the ground, perhaps (if you are so inclined) alongside the two beautiful men you meet who ALSO hate their jobs <3

NEEDED/ WANTED ROLES:

• More experienced programmers (GODOT)
  • Composer
  • More Writers (Screwball comedy with a lot of heart. Tone similar to Undertale, Earthbound, and the Yakuza games)
  • Sensitivity Writers (Dealing with heavy topics such as poverty, classism, racism - black, Asian, and brown -, sexism and transphobia)
  • Other Character Designers (Pixels and otherwise)
  • Background + Prop Designers (Pixels and otherwise)
  • UI designer
  • Beta Testers
(+1)

(OPTIONAL) Voice Actors 

Doesn't need to be exact ofc, but vibes. No accents unless it's naturally yours. Matching identities are highly preferred.

1) Rowin (Filipino). Femme Protagonist (Soft and wistful usually but can REALLY bring the feminine rage. Speaking voice to Aurora)

Cyan (Japanese and English). Masc Love Interest #1 (Suave and flirty with a very dramatic flair. Similar to V from DMC5)

3) Knox (Black). Masc Love Interest #2 (Gruff tsundere goth boy. Similar to Shinji from Persona 3 Reload)

ReplyEditDelete

What these goobers look like for reference (not final style or anything ofc)

Feral Girl Anticts Mood Board

Host

Welcome!