Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Anyone here want to brainstorm?

A topic by Thomas created Aug 21, 2016 Views: 683 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 8

RISK with aliens fighting for control. Grey aliens, Reptilians, etc.

(Thinking about joining and doing a project with my 9yo daughter, hi!)

is RISK tiled-movement and dice-rolling combat?

Yes and yes!

Was also imagining a game of star maps. You have so many seconds to click on specific objects/stars/whatever before time runs out. You succeed, the next map has less time or more objects to click on, whatever's clever.

Submitted

There's a bit in Kentucky Route Zero where you try and talk to some folks, and they seem unable to hear or interact with you in any way. I'm thinking of making a short thing like that, where you're an alien desperate for communication with non-responsive humans.

(+1)

I was thinking about that last night, how we can be on so many levels - technologically, dimensionally, etc. That's an interesting game, played it right after my daughter and I went through Oxenfree. I love the interactive story games. Your idea sounds super cool.

Submitted

I've yet to play Oxenfree but i've heard *so* many good things. I think I'll try and check it out before the jam starts for some extra inspiration : )

(+1)

It's really, really good. I don't have a lot of time - at all - for games, but I loved the style, and so did my 9yo daughter. It was such a sweet blend of game and interactive story. Really loved it. I write and draw and code and model/animate so I'm always interested in finding new ways of telling the stories I have and really enjoyed their approach, gave me a lot of ideas and thoughts on my own game dev ideas.

I had also just came off a Stranger Things kick, and so...they meshed well (to me). ;)

I'm trying to make a strategy game that generates random enemy units and tactics in every level (with randomly generated star as well). I never made strategy game before, so not sure whether the game will be finished before ddl... Still working on AI tactics now.