Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Post-Mortem / A Reflection

A topic by Eldritch Breakfast created Nov 04, 2021 Views: 141 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted

This being my first game, I underestimated how long it would take me to do certain things. For example, it took me longer than expected to make the map(s) the game would take place in. My original concept for the cabin interior was larger and more elaborate, but it had to be narrowed down significantly for me to finish it in time. Despite a few hiccups and having to scrap previous ideas and storylines, I’m impressed with the work I was able to accomplish within the time frame. I hope to one day be able to accomplish more in a similar time frame, though that would be once I gain more experience. One hurdle I struggled to overcome was my desire for “perfection”. Since this was to be my first game, I wanted everything to be ideal. However, I found that I needed to forgo this if I was to make the deadline. “HorrorEngine” helped immensely when making this game and YouTube was an excellent source of knowledge when making other blueprints I needed. Overall, I’m glad I joined this game jam as it gave me the restraint I needed to fully plan out and complete a game. I hope to make larger or at least more in-depth games in the future.

Submitted

I totally understand you, I'm new starter this game that I made is my first game ever and things that you said you had gone trough I had to.  So I totally understand you and I wish you success on games that you are going to make.

Submitted

Thank you. This was a struggle, but I'm glad I went through it. I wish you success on your future games as well. Also, apologies on the late reply. I didn't see a response to my post.