Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[Devlog] Cat On Board

A topic by ptro created Oct 03, 2021 Views: 243 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 8
Submitted (5 edits)

Cat On Board is a slippery platformer in which you do sick tricks on your skateboard, and you're also a cat.   Due to my personal schedule limitations,  I'll be posting a weekly devlog instead of daily. Rest assured, I'm working/thinking about this project every day!

Happy Devtober 2021  -- I can't wait to play your games!

Weekly Update #1 - Spins and Flips!

Looks like a very fun game to play. Can't wait!

Submitted

Skateboard kitties, skateboard kitties!!

I said it already on the page, but this looks so cuuuuute.

(+1)

Looks great! The cat animations are on point and concept is super simple to grasp. Looking forward to seeing more 😀

Submitted

A Day Late and an Update Short

I had a pretty big project this past weekend, so I didn't get to work on the v0.1 release of Cat On Board as much as I wanted. Suffice to say, the update won't come out until this next weekend. In the meantime, I'll talk a bit about what I am doing with the project and some additions you can look forward to on Sunday 10/17:

• Completed Skate Park Level 
  • Improved Controls
  • Temporary Score Display

We'll have our first real level next week, and I decided the best place to start would be the skate park. This will be a traditional left-to-right platformer where your goal is to get to the end before the timer runs out, all while trying to earn as many points as possible by collecting wings and doing tricks. Eventually, I want  to    implement a Level    Complete screen that assigns a letter rank to your score and how many wings you collected.

There won't be any enemies in the first level, but I  have conceptualized a few adversaries for our titular cat...

Firstly, we have Doggo who comes in two flavors: white and not-white.

Another foe to consider is Snek, so watch your step.

Finally we have Surf Rat, who cruises the sewers on a slice of pizza. They'll probably be a major antagonist.

I  want to sincerely thank everybody who visited the Cat On Board submission page for Devtober so far, and thank you  players for   the amazing feedback. Seeing comments from people who played and enjoyed this little game I've put so many hours into really makes my day, I  don't think the pure joy it brings me    can be properly expressed here.    I'm glad you like it, and it will only get better. See you on Sunday   ❤ ptro

Submitted

A Roll in the Park - Cat On Board v0.1 Update

Only two more weekends until Devtober 2021 is over!   I think this prototype will turn out to be a good vertical slice of a fun game concept, but only time will tell which direction this goes in afterward.   I think there is a fun movement system here, but I'm still torn on exactly where to go with the mechanics.  

Submitted

We've got menus, COOL FONT, and a looping level. Come check it out!

v0.2 Update Devlog

Submitted

Final Devtober Update v0.21

This has been so much fun! I'll have the Postmortem for this iteration of Cat On Board published sometime later this week.
Happy Halloween!   🎃