Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Weird Devtober - Albert Portero

A topic by AlbertoPortero created Oct 02, 2020 Views: 101 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2

This is going to be a weird Devtober (If I can keep the motivation to make these posts).  I am going to do this my way because this is a huge motivation to work on something every day and it can help me to achieve my goals.

This year I am working on a few different projects so I think, this month I am just going to try not to die  keep making them.

First of all, I made Blaster Buds with an awesome team (I did the coding and some level design) for the Spain Game Dev Jam II and we are trying to polish it and make a complete game out of it. Also, we are aiming to port it to Android and iOs. It is a puzzle game where the opponent mirrors the player.

I think this is going to be my main project this month, but I am also going to participate in the Ludum Dare 47 this weekend so that's one more thing. And who knows, maybe I like the game that we made and want to keep working on it.

I am also following 2 different courses. One about programming and another one about VFX and I expect to finish at least the VFX one the next week.

Today I worked all day on Blaster Buds. I fixed a few bugs and added a new mechanic and an internal achievement system to engage the players. 

That would be the projects I want to work in for now, but I am sure I will find something to add at some point. Someone maybe think that I am crunching or something like that, but... our friend covid is everywhere, here in Madrid, so I rather stay at home making games and building an interesting portfolio than going out.

See u tomorrow! :D

Hey covid-coping buddy. I just played like ten levels of Blaster Buds. There are a LOT of very cool mechanics in there. What kind of polish are you going to add to the game? It's a lot of fun.

(1 edit)

Hey thanks for playing it! Well, here  comes a list of some of the things we want to add:

•  Levels, I personally like games with high quality level design and in the week of the jam we didn't have a lot of time to iterate on them. Also I think this is a game with a very difficult level design 
  •   Animations to the characters 
  •  More sounds and a better way to manage them, probably FMOD.
  •  A real use for the stars. We are thinking of secret levels
  •  Achievements
  •  Maybe one or two more mechanics
  •  Make it playable for mobile devices so swipe and tap controlos, monetization, resolution problems...
  •  Redoing the UI

And maybe  more but I can't remember now. This list is going to be useful to me xD

Thanks for playing again and thanks for asking!