SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Need team for Game maker studio 2

A topic by Jake Dev created Jul 22, 2023 Views: 132 Replies: 9
Viewing posts 1 to 3

hi, my name is Jacob and I'm a game developer

I have created multiple games but my most well-known game is Dino Stuck

I am here to ask if any other devs who work in game maker would like to work on the project with me

if you are interested in working on the other days, respond to me here or on discord

my discord: _jake_dev

Submitted

I’m more familiar with Unity as that’s what I learned game dev on.   Still interested though as I want to make a 2D platformer for this challenge. Are you willing to help with my unity project as well? It’s a pretty simple interface.

I would love to work on a 2d platformer

however I have never used unity or unity’s language model so I wouldn’t really be that helpful on the project if I just spend half the time trying to learn the tools

Submitted

ok I looked at game maker studio and I might try to learn it before it starts. Although how many people are going to use game maker studio?

tbh I have no idea

I just looked at the Blackthornprod video and it looked like a cool jam

What I overlooked was the fact that I needed 4 other people in order actually to make it to the end of the jam

That's why I made this community post so that I could hopefully find other game maker studio 2 devs to help me work on the project

Submitted

would you be fine with learning the Unity interface until like day 3? Me and someone else are already teamed up and I think I have an artist as well so it would be great to have you as an addition.

(1 edit)

I don't know if I can do it in 3 days... I am willing to try though

count me in!

what do I need to download to get started?

Submitted

you can download unity online, and there are plenty of youtube tutorials out there. are you familiar with c#?

I have never used c#

the only language I know is GML but I've heard that if you learn one language it's easier to learn other languages. 

Submitted(+1)

it’s pretty simple. My email is lukewyeth12@gmail.com email me and I’ll send some pictures of the prototype so you can get an idea. I might send the pictures tomorrow as I’m pretty busy right now. I played Dino stuck by the way and it’s a pretty cool game and super creative! I’d be happy to help with a game like that as well but only in unity