SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

FAQ Page Sticky

A topic by DaisieDoodle created 25 days ago Views: 9
Viewing posts 1 to 1
Host
  1. Who can participate in Circus Jam?
    1. Anyone can! Just simply press the "Join Jam" button on the Circus Jam page!
  2. Do I need to be in a team?
    1. Nope! You can work by yourself.  You can also have as many or as little people in your group as you like.
  3. Do I need to be an experienced game developer to join?
    1. This jam is meant for everyone of all skill levels, so please don't worry if you don't have much experience in game development!
  4. Can I work on my game before the jam officially starts?
    1. Please do not work on your game before the jam starts. I may not know if people work on their game before Circus Jam begins (unless it's super obvious), but the only person you're hurting is yourself. Game jams are meant to challenge your skills in a short period of time- to see what you can create in a limited time.
  5. What tools and game engines can I use?
    1. You can use whatever tools and game engines you'd like to create your game! If you're unsure, some popular choices would be to use Unity, Unreal Engine, GameMaker Studio, and more.
  6. Can I use pre-made assets or resources?
    1. As long as you credit and mention where you obtained the resources in the description of your game, sure! If these are pre-made assets you created, please mention it somewhere in your description.
  7. Am I allowed to use AI tools/AI artwork?
    1. Generative AI tools used for creating artwork and assets for your game are not allowed. The only tools I'll allow are things like Github Copilot. There are so many amazing artists that can help with your game, you don't even need AI! (Seriously, the outcome it produces is just mish-mash of other artwork made by real humans anyways.)
  8. What happens if I can't finish my game on time?
    1. Don't worry! You can still submit your game to the jam until the last voting day. Reach out to me on Discord for a faster response, or create a post here. I'll need the link to your game so I can add it to the jam manually.