Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Hey, so im in kind of a bad situation(sorry it got lengthy )

A topic by Bhavesh solanki created Feb 17, 2023 Views: 154 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 4

So here's what im working on (or supposed to be working on ) game concept is based on Hindu scriptures  about reincarnation which is basically when you die you are reborn into a different creature based on your karma like for eg. you are a human who had bad karma  you may become crow in next life or if you have really good karma and knowledge you may gain moksha (which is the ultimate enlightenment you get one with the god or something heaven like).  so mostly life cycle continues you get rebirth again and again till you gain moksha.

now lets get to the problem where i need your help i cant decide what kind of game will it be earlier i thought to make it into a puzzle game where different  creature have different abilities and you need to time your rebirth into those creature by collecting or depleting your karma and dying  to complete the level but soon realized level design will be really hard 馃ゲ and im just a developer for the jam  that was like 2 days ago now i have hardly 1 days 16 hrs left but i dont  want to give up 馃珷馃敨 

Deleted post

hmmm....... nice idea but i have moved on from a puzzle game it will be impossible to pull it now with this much time i am thinking of making it into chaotic arena type top down game where enemies and npc be running around or attacking you kill the bad guys gain karma kill npc loose karma you die you get rebirth depending on your karma dont know how will make these both fit together while empowering each other transforming into diff creature with arena like game

I think it's a great and compatible idea for this theme ! But considering that there is a short time left i think you need a more playable and designable mechanic  so in my opinion you can create different challanges for different creatures, if you design these challanges in such a way that at some point the creature will surely die you can respawn the player as a different creature based on how many karma scores the player have. These are the only ones that come to my mind for now. I hope it works for you, good luck!