Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

my first game jam

A topic by unityNoob created 5 days ago Views: 108 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted (1 edit) (+1)
this was my first game jam and i am gladi did it in brackeys jam.
i called the game "who took my son? wait where am i?
game story:
Your son got kidnapped by some monsters and you went out to the sea to get him back but you crashed into an island and you need to get out of there to the place you kid is at to save him.
In the game you need to survive in an island, gather matirials craft tools, and eventually  get out from the island and save your kid, but during the night there is a masive storm that in it monsters are coming out and you need to fight them back.
i actually thinks its fun i have played it already more than once, and really you should try it, and the downloading proccess is like 5 seconds.
And please give me some feedBack on the game.

link to the game:

https://unity-noob.itch.io/who-took-my-son-wait-where-am-i

The proccess of developing:

sunday-

on the first day i mostly planned the game, what will i do each day and what i need to do, and than i started to download assets.

monday-

on monday i downloaded again a bit of assets, i made the movement (unity if you see this please do like unreal engine and make so you can just add a deafult movement its really annoying to always again and again make the movement) and i also in this day used terrrain to make the ground and i made the main menu.

Tuesday-

on this day i made the resource system (or you can call it taking system as i did), what i did is shooting a ray and if it hitting tree or rock and the player clicks e so play animation, destroy the object it hitted and add +1 to the variable of the resource.

Wednesday-

on wednesday i made the crafting system and the inventory system the crafting system was pretty easy all i did was when you click on the button that crafts something it checks in the resource script if you have enough of the matirials you need to make the object, like pickaxe.

Thursday-

on this day i made day and night cycle and enemies, the day and night cycle was easier than i expected apparently you can just make an animation using the direction lighting and when its darker in the animation just change the skybox.

Friday-

on friday i added sounds i added cut scenes which i had a bug in one of them that i didnt fully understand how happend but now the scene is ok and than i did the thing every game developer likes to do, fixing bugs :)

Saturday-

today i fixed some more bugs because its really fun (if you didnt get it, its a joke i am not a psychopath) and improved some of the things in the game and finally i exported the game after seven days, and i think it got out really good.
Submitted

Wow! this game is very fun. it has very good bones for future development and even in its current state has a lot of features! good job, you managed to do a lot with the time frame. keep it up (: