Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Wrong submission

A topic by VikKever created Aug 27, 2023 Views: 49
Viewing posts 1 to 1

My team and I have created a game for the jam, but unfortunately I submitted the wrong itch.io page to the jam. My friend noticed this a few hours after the deadline so we couldn't fix it anymore. For the project we followed all the rules for the jam and didn't change anything to the game files itself before the end of the jam. We only made changes to the itch.io page a bit after the deadline (which you can check on the bottom of the itch.io page). We started building the game to WebGL and finished the itch page for it an hour before the end of the jam. I've learned now for next game jams that I should take more time to carefully set everything up so that I don't stress out and make stupid mistakes like this again.

So my question to any organizer who reads this: can we please resubmit our game to the jam? It would be nice to still appear in the submissions tab and have proper ratings and feedback to our game. It's okay if we get disqualified from winning the game jam. It would still be greatly appreciated by us.

The link to our project: https://vikkever.itch.io/ocean-gate (don't mind the name, we really didn't have inspiration)

If our game doesn't get resubmitted to the jam, everyone can feel free to still play our game and leave feedback on it as if it was submitted to the jam. That would be deeply appreciated by us (no pun intended) and also a nice learning experience for the whole team. If you play our game, we will also play your game :)