SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

OFFICIAL RULES: Feel free to ask any questions or suggest something new Sticky

A topic by angrysmile created Jun 23, 2020 Views: 513 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 3
HostSubmitted (7 edits)
Please follow these 7 standard rules for this jam series:
  • HAVE FUN - The more you focus on winning and the less you focus on having fun... the more you miss out! If you have a great attitude and aren't under pressure, you might turn out the greatest game in history, but applying imaginary competitive stress is only hurting you! DONT! We are all starting out and having a blast doing so.

• You may use any engine (godot, unity, ect.) as long as it is playable on Windows. Ideally, a web build or html build for browser play so that MAC users and others can easily play off the itch.io page itself without downloading. I understand that we all don't have the specs to do an html build, so I will not hold it against those who cannot do so.

•  All NSFW or adult themed games must have appropriate warnings on the title. Example: “(18+) Zombie Fun” or similar. If you choose to go this route, please keep it subtle. I will personally disqualify a game from winning prizes if more than one person claims it as "offensive" or if it’s clearly too excessive. Please keep in mind that as a beginner's circle we may have a younger community, which may prevent NSFW material in future jams if submissions for this game jam are excessively inappropriate.

•  This game jam will be solely judged by myself. This will prevent any double voting or unfair down votings. Jams with votes usually end with unfair results, so don’t fret! Uneven or unfair votes won't be a part of this community!

•  You must make all assets and code yourself or by your team within the time frame of this jam. Any templates, plug-ins and/or pre-builds will not count in the originality department. This jam is intended to practice your critical thinking, creative and coding skills, not copy and paste.  Any of these will apply to the Originality category. Music must be royalty / copyright free and properly credited. so its fine to use music and fonts

• You may not post any links when commenting and you may not post a comment for the sake of self-promotion. These comments will be deleted and this type of behavior will count negatively towards your Community Spirit score. There is a section in our community to post your links

• Once that countdown is done, you will not be able to edit your submissions any further. It is recommended that you upload your project at least 2 hours before the deadline. This is wiggle room to catch and fix last minute touches. There will be late tickets available on request if your game has game breaking bugs that need repair.

yhare no assets yhare :///// off i hate making the models myself oof

HostSubmitted (4 edits)

https://itch.io/jam/practice-circle-1
We offer everything.  The beginners circle has prizes but the practice circle has no rules and an optional theme to let you practice to become better and actually learn and grow. Why have prizes when people will just use cheat with pre build games, unity store assets and plug-in downloads? OOOF
We want to learn and help one another. Not just win! This is a community of great people helping one another! If you want some practice, you would fit perfectly into the practice circle and we can all help you get better at making assets!

Deleted 2 years ago
HostSubmitted (2 edits)

Oh no! I'm sorry it isn't turning out how you planned it. Don't worry, this is a game jam designed to facilitate you. If you want to hand it in and edit later, or you can hold on to it until done and request a late submission ticket, ether way.  Also our discord is full of amazing and friendly people looking out for one another. You are missing out and should try it so we can help you along the way. It is easier than going back and forth on here.