Unless specifically noted game updates should not break save files. However, a game version update will make your save out of date.
Editing your Save.bum file to change the SaveVersion line (the second line of the save file) to the currently installed version of Steam Marines 2 should allow the game to load the file correctly, for example SaveVersion v0.7.0a to SaveVersion v0.7.1a
The Save.bum file, as well as other config files, can be located at the following locations:
Windows: "\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Worthless Bums\Steam Marines 2\"
Mac: "~/Library/Application Support/Worthless Bums/Steam Marines 2/"
Lin: "~/home/<User>/.config/Worthless Bums/Steam Marines 2/"
- Linux/Ubuntu 14.04 LTS support.
- The environment/move keybinds have been renamed to select/interact to clarify what those actually do. Additionally opening doors has been moved into the interact keybinding both for correctness and to prevent players from accidentally deselecting their marine(s).
- New event log in tactical field.
- Randomize names button in Commander creation screen.
- New targeting panel UI shader.
- Targeting panel UI bottom now clamps lower to prevent blocking target sight.
- Added armor rating to selected unit panel resource lines.
- Added the gameplay option UI Constant Size toggle.
- Added queuing system to unit dialogue boxes so getting spammed with dialogue will not almost instantly hide previous recent dialogue.
- Lowered the average damage per attack of enemy units across the board. Some units have had accuracy or crit values increased to compensate.
- Bugfix: Enemy units would not reset to idle animations after certain attack situations.
- Bugfix: Single click would sometimes open a door and move the marine onto the new floor space.
- Bugfix: Sometimes marine temporary attack effects would not wear off after attacking.
- Bugfix: Brainien firing through multiple walls, typically targeting the marine Commander.
- Bugfix: Some enemy melee attacks sometimes playing flamethrower sound effects.
- Fixed Guard tooltip to correctly say the skill requires 4 Action.
- Renamed some grenade skills to bombs to better reflect their in-game use.