Play gameJewel Battle's itch.io page
Ranked from 7 ratings. Score is adjusted from raw score by the median number of ratings per game in the jam.
Judge feedback is anonymous and shown in a random order.
- The game seems like a neat idea but it feels pretty empty. With no UI to tell me my score or sound it was hard to get into the game but it has potential. I liked that the movement responded by updating where to go by my mouse click. The AI seemed a little weak, it would benefit from some code to examine areas of the world and see which area has the most potential and not just by finding the closest jewel (which it seems to be doing now).
- For a game very quickly put together, this isn't bad. There's room in the gameplay to have a strategy, and though it's not a good game yet, it wouldn't seem out of place in a collection of mini-games, so well done. The input isn't intuitive. I had to refer to the documentation a second time to figure out what I was doing wrong to not be able to fire the jewels. As there's not much time spent on it, there's also not much else to review other than I'm pleased to not find any bugs which weren't in the base game framework.
- Interesting idea, as the candidate has noted more time would benefited it greatly
- The game is simple to get the hang of. UI was understandable and clear. Even with the small time you've worked on the game, you've made it work nicely, Thanks a lot for your hard work !
- I just wanted to give some general feedback: 1. Its okay if you've only got a short amount of time to work on the project. Just make sure that what you plan to make in that time is achievable. Aim for a small polished vertical slice which can grow. 2. If you had longer, you would have dealt with balancing for the game. For this game, think about adding different difficulty options. This will make your life easier, as you won't have to balance one game for all skill levels. 3. Think about highlighting the path the character will take, so you know which gems they will pick up on the way. 4. I know you were rushed by time, but with some basic tweaks you can make your AI seem a lot more intelligent. For example, don't fire gems in random directions, at least fire them in the rough direction of the player. You should be happy with what you were able to achieve in such a short time.
- Has great potential, needs a gameplay balance pass to fully realise it. Could recommend asking for friends and family to help playtest the game, as a common way to solve the issue in the industry.
Search For A Star
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.