Play gameThe Mad Escape's itch.io page
Ranked from 5 ratings. Score is adjusted from raw score by the median number of ratings per game in the jam.
Judge feedback is anonymous and shown in a random order.
- Game loop is addictive and simple to understand, the ability to change character at any point if you spawned one allows for nice pacing and reduces challenge in an interesting way. Some tweaks to the pathfinding to avoid traps would have been nice but it plays nicely without them too. Thanks for your hard work !
- it's good to get audio, some fun gameplay, and some level based progression in a submission. Well done. I think this game has some potential. I don't notice any bugs, and that's really great. You might need to think more about where the player is looking, as you talk about the UI in the document, but at no point did I feel like I could even look at it. Maybe make the game centre stage and add the score/progress feedback as juice. I would also consider questioning the timeout on they key, or the hearts and gems. There's already a risk with the teleporters, so adding a timer too seems more than necessary.
- I really like how different the game looks from the initial project, while retaining the pathfinding aspect. Each level transmits a sensation of urgency through the appeareance of the trap signals. The pathfinding could be improved upon, as the player still follows a path at the moment you've clicked, and a shorter path might appear after that. Well done.
- This was really good, and something you should be proud of. I just wanted to give some general feedback: 1. You have the risk/reward idea of running over tiles as they're about to teleport, which is fine. However there are times when its not clear what kind of path the player will take and end up running over a teleporting tile. I'd recommend highlighting the path when hovering over tiles so that its clear what path the player will follow. Then its the users fault if they get teleported, not the pathfinding algorithm. 2. The "How to Play" screen was great and very informative. I'd recommend highlighting the controls (in bold or another colour) so that they stand out from the rest of the text. Like I said this is a great game and something you should be proud of!
- My only major criticism of this project is that you cant exit the game while its in progress . Other than that its a good effort.
Sumo Digital Rising Star
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.