Play gameVisit Cylinder Battle's game page
|Gameplay; core mechanics, objectives, balancing, progression||#1||4.333||4.333|
|Features; gameplay enhancements, integrated systems||#1||4.667||4.667|
|UI & UX; visual design, clarity & ease of use, guidance, accessibility support||#1||4.333||4.333|
|Creativity; innovation & originality across design, concept & execution||#1||4.000||4.000|
Ranked from 3 ratings. Score is adjusted from raw score by the median number of ratings per game in the jam.
Judge feedback is anonymous and shown in a random order.
I found the concept of your game very interesting and I enjoyed playing it, as I found I could fight against my “Fellow Player”, haha. The game had many assets with the enemies to fight and the power-ups available certainly had a lot of inspiration from other games to make this. Your Main UI system works well showing a tutorial which was clear and understandable, the choice of music and sound effects also worked well.
Your documentation was also nice and detailed showing your game development and screenshots to back it up, little surprised that your source of references was almost half of your document but you kept them in so this is good. I did encounter some minor issues in the game with moving my player but the main one was my difficulty with the ‘Portal Gun’, when attempting to use this weapon to create two portals on the same facing wall I would go back and forth multiple times a second, apart from this on other facing walls it worked ok.
Little needs to be done for this game apart from minor issues which will always creep up in games. There is certainly room for improvement but then again there always will be in game development. As a YouTuber and game developer myself we consider it a pleasure to try your games and I am pleased to have had the opportunity to try your game.
YouTuber – FellowPlayer: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXzcduiD99hcDMhhCzByRiA
This is a very strong submission. Very fun and very complete.
The core game loop is complete and lost of features implemented to a high level of polish.
- Nice non stock camera system. The dynamic split screen works really well, just like the Lego games.
- Plenty of gameplay elements implemented. enemies, hazards, powerups & abilities. All easy to understand and use.
- Quite nice balance overall BUT noticed that some games can go on a while if you keep dropping Pi's.
- While effort has been made on the theme, it would have been nice to see a more unique theme being developed, drawing elements from the systems and gameplay.
- Like the small touches to enhance player experience. i.e. shadow moved under the character, nice slow down at the end of a round, bobbing animation of the character, great sound effects.
Very well done, good use of assets available, has sfx, UI + animation, features, etc.
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.