Play gameEleap Dangerous's itch.io page
|• Strong connection to the theme||#3||4.333||4.333|
|• Commercial potential||#9||3.333||3.333|
Ranked from 6 ratings. Score is adjusted from raw score by the median number of ratings per game in the jam.
Judge feedback is anonymous and shown in a random order.
- Neat game! The art is polished and the jumping-between-planets mechanic feels like it has had some time spent on its tuning. This game would benefit from one or two more mechanics such as obstacles moving between planets to give it some gameplay depth. The simple control scheme is nice to see and lends itself well accessibility wise. I hope to see this in the future after some more development!
- I realy like the graphics, and the audio works well for the style of game. There was a good variety of hazards and obstacles, and good progression in diffciulty over the 5 levels. The controls felt a bit 'clunky' for lack of a better word; mainly I would have liked some more granular control to the jump.
- Well executed game. I enjoyed the elements ramping up over time (rotation, asteroids, enemies etc). A few frustrations (speeding past the ship because it has a small collider, tiny jumps are very hard to achieve so often don't land back on the planet, oxygen loss happening after winning and so losing), but it is well made, compact, nice audio effects, an all round tight experience. Keep building on what you have!
- This is a super fun game which is easy to pick up. Every level features exciting new additions which make it naturally a little more challenging than the previous level. This idea is true to the theme of the game jam and I love that you float away in space when you mistime a jump ! My key notes for improvement would be: At times, the game can be quite unforgiving to the player, a moment which felt particularly unfair was when I emerged from a time hole and immediately hit an alien, having been oblivious to what was ahead and therefore unable to line myself up. I also mistook some of the planets in the background as being intractable causing me to accidentally jump to my death! Over all, a great game jam game!
- This has a lot of potential as an arcade-style game. While playing it I couldn't help but think about what this could be like if the jump charged faster, the music set the intensity of the jumps and there was a timer forcing you to keep jumping. The music really keeps the intensity up - so much so that it doesn't feel like a level-based game but more of a run-based game like Super Hexagon. I honestly feel that if this was a little bit more like Super Hexagon - with those split second decisions - to this music and with this setting then this could be a really big deal.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Cute game! I included it in my Jamfuser compilation video series, if you’d like to take a look. :)