Play gameDimension Leap , Team - Git Pushed to the Limit's itch.io page
|• Strong connection to the theme||#15||3.833||3.833|
|• Commercial potential||#23||2.500||2.500|
Ranked from 6 ratings. Score is adjusted from raw score by the median number of ratings per game in the jam.
Judge feedback is anonymous and shown in a random order.
- While the switching between two realms has been done before, I like how when you shift it is into a compeltely different level. I could see the potential in places like the last level where the two dimensions start to work together to make more and more interesting puzzles. The world look feels good; the bounciness of the main character, the pixel art etc. I think there needs to be a bit more work on character control as sometimes it felt quite loose like when jumping over enemies etc. Obviously some things need work like the lack of audio, enemies which are green boxes, more prompts to explain telefragging (I didn't realise I could until I read the description after playing), but definitely on the way to being something great!
- Looks like you needed a bit longer to realise the concept more fully, but the player character is lovely and well animated. This idea will be great once you get the dimensional shift to require a bit less guess work and once you get the enemies working! I recommend checking out Aaru's Awakening for another teleporting game set in a weird world!
- Loved the art style and mechanics and very strong connection to the theme. A little buggy in places but really looking forward to see where you take this!
- Good start, I love the title screen graphics! I hope you continue to work on it.
- Love the idea for the game, the character and animations are great and add a lot to the feel. Some bug issues such as falling through the map and the menu not working. I kept getting caught in geometry when switching dimensions, but all in all a solid game. No audio hurts the game quite a lot, I feel it would add a huge amount of character to a game like this. The art is basic but novel and cute, however I struggled to understand what some objects were. The gameplay was fun but lacked enough mechanics to be competitive and engaging in todays market. Overall a nice slice into what the game could be, just needs a few bug fixes, audio and some extra mechanics to make it pop and stand out. Keep the character though, it's adorable.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.