Play gameOne Small Step - Team IDon'tSeeSharp's itch.io page
|• Strong connection to the theme||#21||3.167||3.167|
|• Commercial potential||#23||2.500||2.500|
Ranked from 6 ratings. Score is adjusted from raw score by the median number of ratings per game in the jam.
Judge feedback is anonymous and shown in a random order.
- This game has a nice pixel aesthetic, and looking at the screenshots on the game's page it looks like there's a fair amount of content in the game as well! It's just a shame that the controls were so frustrating that I couldn't even get past the second room of the game. It felt like I was travelling at a hundred miles an hour, with little control over when my astronaut would stop spinning across the screen. I like that the platforming was fast-paced, but I feel that the astronaut needs to respond better to the players input, such as coming to a stop much sooner when the player releases a movement key. In the future I'd reccommend playtesting your game with more players during development, even within a game jam timeframe. The content you spent a lot of work on is essentially gated from me because I am unable to progress past the first moments of the game. If you work on this in the future, tweak the difficulty in the player's favour and this would be a challening, but accessible, fun game! Good job on the entry!
- The art on this game is lovley, and juding from the trailer the grappling hook and movement is really cool aswell. However I really struggled to get going I would try and move and just fly off, maybe ajusting the character movement speed would solve this so the player can gradually be introduced to what is a crazy fun looking movement system.
- A nice super meat boy inspired platformer that utilises the theme well. Visually a well-constructed game with lots of unique pieces making up the levels. The game made good use of the theme and was a good idea. I initially had fun with this game but then became frustrated with the constant full restart upon death, meaning all progress I had achieved was gone with one death. This sometimes came swiftly as the controls seemed extremely sensitive. I would recommend a level checkpoint and revisiting the sensitivity of the controls here. When death can come with the slightest touch of a control a full restart may frustrate a lot of people. This does not mean I did not have fun with the game as the added “ninja rope” style game play was implemented well. Further testing may be required in some areas but overall, well done.
- There's definitely something here, but the movement is too fast-paced and erratic to have it shine through. I really like the idea of a character pivoting wildly as they make their way through a masco-core style platformer, however those games do well because the controls are so perfect that the player can only blame themselves when they do stuff wrong. One Small Step is, unfortunately, not quite there yet.
- The visuals are really clean and solid. The controls were very hard to pick up and play and a little clunky.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.