SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Team "ORA ORA ORA" !!!

A topic by Ne0Nexus created Feb 27, 2018 Views: 994 Replies: 30
Viewing posts 1 to 29
(2 edits)

Hey guys !

Hope it will be a great GamJam for everyone !

I wish you a merr..... wait, a funny Emotional GameJam !!!

Stay tuned for our WIP's.

Edit: Mates Names, I forgot it ^^ : Justine Agnelet, Maxime Villatte, Yoan Bidet, Tristan Clément.

YAY !!! The results after the first 4 hours of work !!! Well... work is a big word but...

Graphic work, animation and coding. 

A LOT OF WORK LEFT !!!

Well..... we also made our team's logo.....

... Yare yare daze...

Host

Oh yeah!

YAY !!!

8 hours of work... I wanna sleep... we ALL want to sleep... but we're still working ^^.

So, we began to finish some  stuff, mostly graphic stuff, and the programers are... well actually coding stuff I don't understand. (laugh)

Anyway, some of the results we got^^.

The Dream Team !!! Well, actually the OLA OLA OLA Team (I'm taking the photo^^).

So cute, isn't it ? <3

Host

Thanks for this AWESOME gif !!!

You guys rock !

Host

Shared pleasure!

YAY !!! Third post !

So, two of us went to sleep an hour ago, and the two others (me and a programmer) are still working. No rest for us ^^.

Anyway, we feel better than at the beginning of the Game Jam, because we know what we want to do and how to do it. (We know dae wae !!!)

So, as always, screenshots time !!!

This key is kind of the end of the game, I tried to make it BADASS.

The result of 12 hours of work from our very talented programmers. *applause*

And finally, the ennemy creatures for our game, which are actually "Emotional Ghosts". Every ghost represent an emotion. In order : Anger, Sadness, Pride, Love, Fear, Joy, Aversion and Shame.

We also are working on charachter's animation.

Host

Glad to hear you feel great !

Good night to those who went to bed. Good luck to you 2 who remained !

Okay, everybody get a rest. We don't know if we will be there for 10 A.M.. Good night^^

Host

ok. good night

YAY !!!

We're back, and ready for another day !!!

Host

Your night was brief !

YAY !!! Posting time !!!

So, we were sleeping, then we woke up... and we began to work again. That's right, night was brief (for some of us), but we are fine.

We began to make some of the other charachter's animations, and to compose some music and ambient sounds. For the coding side, the game begins to look like a real game huhu^^.

Platforms, animation, coding and composing... This Jam is a dream^^.

Host

Great News ! Music is important !

YAY !!! 6 P.M. !!!

So, we keep working on music, animation and level design. Next : sounds and FXs !!!

(All the ennemies are animated like this, but here are two exemples).

Host

ok, thanks

YAY !!! Post n°..... anyway I forgot it^^.

So, we finished the loops for the music, and some graphic designs, like platforms or magical doors. We also wrote the final and clean version of our scenario / story / call it as you want to.

Next step : creating the main pictures of our plot.

(there's a white door between the red and the purple ones^^)

Host

ok, thanks

YAY !!! Another post !

We recorded some sounds for our game, we keep drawing our graphic assets, and the programmers are doing a great job !!!

But it's late and some are tired, and will go to bed^^.

Host

good night

Hey, here, programmers are still awaken, but our designers sleep (designers are so weak ^^ )

So, the news :

- programmers have implements sounds in game (no pictures for this thing ^^);

- possibility of differents levels  is programmed, we just have to do level design;

- several drawings are ready for cinematics;

Host

ok, thanks

(1 edit)

YAY !!! I mean... tired YAY !

So, everybody (except me) is sleeping. I'm working on the animations and the level design. And I need to make more sounds and music... that's too much^^.

Host

You're brave ! Keep going on !

Host

Guys, are you coming tomorrow night to the Emotional Games Awards Ceremony in La Fabrique (Bonchamp les Laval) at 8.30 pm? 

the 3 prizes (Best emotional game / best graphic design/best mechanics of game) will be given during the ceremony (Best emotional game award) and during the after party (best graphic design/best mechanics of game) .

Entry is free. You just have to register here (http://www.emotionalgamesawards.com/get-your-ticket/) and print your tickets

done :p

YAY !!! Time almost up !

This is the FINAL COUNTDOWN (got it ? ^^), we are doing our best to finish our game, or at least a "fit to be seen" version.

Hard coding, hard painting, hard writing, hard composing. Everything becomes hard when it's almost finished.

Host

Go, Go, Go !

YAY !!! Heart breaking time !

Okay, I will be brief : we won't finish our game. That was difficult for us, we weren't well organized and we didn't know well how to code a real video game. By the way we know that our topic is very viewed (but we still don't know why xD). So if you likes our project, we can continue to work on it, finish and publish it. We imagined too much things and we're just beginners, so we just need time.

Don't hesitate to comment or post replies if the project interest you and if you want to play to our game one day^^.

Thank you for supporting us (we are the second most viewed topic, that's amazing XD).

We will try to upload a "kind of playable" version of the game.

But that was a very good experience for us. In fact, we learn from our mistakes^^.

Oh, and if you want, we can post what we wrote and imagine, like the story, goals, designs, etc... Just ask^^.

Thank you again, from the ORA ORA ORA Team, 

Have a nice day (and a rest if, like me, you slept only 8 hours since Tuesday :p ).