This jam is now over. It ran from 2019-10-30 19:00:00 to 2019-11-14 20:00:00. View 87 entries
RPGs don't have to be book-length in order to be compelling game experiences. In fact, they don't even have to be page-length. This is a jam for making games that can fit onto a business card. Business cards are often exchanged by game designers (and others) as a social ritual, but many end up lost or recycled without ever being used beyond the moment of exchange. What would it look like to try and make that experience more story-shaped, or even to embrace the transient nature of a business card as a part of gameplay?
- Your game should fit onto a business card, either single or double sided.
- Make a game where part of gameplay involves damaging or destroying the business card.
- Make a game where everyone possessing a copy of the card is a player in one giant game.
- Use your game as your business card.
- Can I submit multiple entries?
- Can it be a hack of another game?
Go for it! Keeping in the spirit of the jam, the business card version should play as a stand-alone game.
- Is there a specific dimension I need to follow?
Business cards come in all shapes an sizes (we're not going to decide what is or is not a business card,) so use your best judgement on whether it could be easily tucked into a wallet or pocket. The optional template below uses a standard American-sized business card (approx 2" x 3.5")
- Adobe Illustrator/InDesign Template. For those that use Illustrator or InDesign, here's a free template you can use to create your own print-and-play version of your game for sharing up here on itch (or anywhere.) Here's an example of how the finished product looks.
No submissions match your filter